Looking for an easy and nutritious lunch idea?
I made this quick and tasty meal today for lunch. It was one of those moments when you’re starving and feel like you have NOTHING to eat. Looked in my fridge, saw some leftover brown rice that needed to be used up pronto → off went the light bulb in my head. Oh, it always helps to have frozen veggies on hand!
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ~1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
- dash of black pepper
- Heat a nonstick pan and add frozen veggies.
- When the ice is gone, add canola oil and red pepper flakes.
- Once the oil is heated, add eggs and stir to scramble. Add black pepper at this time too.
- When the eggs look semi-cooked, push them off to the side with the veggies and add the brown rice. Add the soy sauce to the rice and stir it in.
- Once the eggs are cooked, mix them well together with the veggies and rice. Enjoy topped with extra red pepper flakes or soy sauce!
*I must disclose I do not always measure my ingredients. I am guessing about the tablespoons of oil and soy sauce. Feel free to add more or less*