Some nights you want a comforting, delicious meal… but don’t want to spend a ton of effort in cooking!
So, what to do on those types of nights? Lucky for you, those types of nights are my specialty 😉. That’s right! I’m a professional life-long lazy girl who also loves to eat good food. I love simple dishes and while this recipe is so simple that it hardly (does it really tho) qualifies as an actual recipe, it is one of my favorite meals. A true go-to easy dinner with minimal effort.
Pssst… the lazy girl trick is to use store-bought jarred pasta sauce and rotisserie chicken!
- Jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 lb whole grain pasta
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp grated black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, carefully reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water at the end.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add back to the pot. Add in the chicken, spinach, pasta sauce, spices, reserved pasta water, and stir well. (Note: the spinach should wilt with the heat of the pasta and later again in the oven)
- Pour mixture into an oven-safe baking dish (13×9 inches works good) and spread evenly, patting it down lightly.
- Uniformly distribute the cheeses on top.
- Bake the pasta dish for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a bit, then top with fresh chopped parsley (optional). Enjoy!