I always struggle coming up with the names for my recipes. This egg bake is a perfect example of that! Should I highlight the fact that it is an easy meatless dinner? That it has turmeric, a possible anti-inflammatory spice? Or that I used beautiful multi-colored cherry tomatoes? Is this technically a frittata and should be called that?
Anyways, this egg bake is a delicious, nutritious, and easy dinner idea. Pair it with corn tortillas for a balanced meal!
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halves
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- salt (individual preference amount)
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet on the stovetop. Add the avo oil.
- Once the skillet and oil are well heated, add in the onions and cook until translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Add in the broccoli and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, in a bowl whisk together the eggs, yogurt, black pepper, salt, and turmeric.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and lower the heat. Cook for 5 minutes and start preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the top of the partly cooked egg mixture, in a neat arrangement.
- Turn off the stove-top heat and move the skillet into the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes. *exact time will vary, top should be slightly browned when ready*
- Let cool and then serve. Serving suggestions: sprinkle a fresh herb on top, like parsley, and with tortillas.
Fresh chopped green onion stems on top for serving.