Gonna be honest: I created this summer salad recipe right at the beginning of the summer months! But since I never got around to writing it up, I figure now is a good time before berries are no longer in season. Consider this salad a goodbye ode to summer.
This salad is a meal base and is made complete with a protein source, like grilled chicken slices or chickpeas!
For salads, I sometimes make my own dressing. Like anyone else, there are days during which I feel extra lazy and a good bottle of store-bought dressing works just fine. This salad goes perfectly with any balsamic dressing, whether homemade or bottled!
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp finely grated queso cotija*
- Balsamic salad dressing of choice
*can substitute with another cheese, such as parmesan cheese
- Assemble all ingredients together.
- Top with as much salad dressing as you want and enjoy!
Recipe makes 1 large salad.