The holidays are a wonderful time of year, a time to enjoy traditional foods. For us, that’s tamales and pozole. But after a few days of eating the same thing over and over again, with little to no veggies, your body might begin to crave something else. That is exactly what happened to me the day after Christmas.
I love intuitive eating. I feel no guilt for not giving my body any vegetables or fruit during the past few days. I truly enjoyed every bite of food I had over the Christmas celebrations. As part of my intuitive eating, I recognize that I am craving something fresh and crunchy.
This pasta salad provides everything I’m craving: something fresh and crunchy. The pasta provides some carbs. The chicken provides some protein. And the salad dressing provides some fats. All together, you’ll get a balanced and satisfying meal.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 pound of pasta
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup Caesar vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While pasta cools, shred rotisserie chicken. Depending on the size of the chicken, you might need to divide up the total amount and only use between 3-4 cups.
- Season rotisserie chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients well in a big bowl.
- Serve in a bowl and add more dressing according to taste.
Last thoughts: I like to use whole grain pasta but sometimes using a fun shape (whether whole grain or not) is good too 🙂