Brinner = Breakfast + Dinner
I love having breakfast foods for meals other than breakfast time. Pancakes for lunch? Yes! Eggs for dinner? Yes 100%! Not only is whipping up a frittata easy, but you can use any leftovers for breakfast and save previous morning time. It’s a win-win.
I added sausage to this frittata but the sausages can be substituted with black beans. The bell peppers could easily be substituted for another vegetable. Overall, this meal is high in protein and fiber.
I served this with a brown rice and wild rice mix. When I had it the next day with breakfast, I ate it with corn tortillas and pickled jalapeños. It was delicious both ways.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 12 sausage links, chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers, diced
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cooking spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan. Add onions and spices. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped sausage to pan and cook according to package instructions or until cooked through (~15 minutes).
- While the sausage is cooking, add eggs, greek yogurt, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk well until yogurt is combined with the eggs.
- Once sausage is cooked, add bell peppers and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of a baking dish with oil. Add sausage and bell pepper mix to dish.
- Cover the sausage and bell pepper mix with the whisked eggs. Move things around a bit with a utensil so that everything is combined well.
- Bake dish for 25-30 minutes. Top should be golden-brown and no longer runny in the middle.
- Enjoy and refrigerate any leftovers!